This is already a long post, but I wanted to tribute Grandpa a bit. He celebrated his 90th birthday Sunday with the help of hundreds of children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren. The farm is a favorite gathering place and Craig's family will hold their family reunion there this weekend following the return home of his youngest child, Ben, from the strange and exotic mission field of London. Jeremy and I are on the reunion committee this year but I am only slightly stressed. I'll post pictures of that next week! In the meantime, here's a photo of Grandpa S; a PhD, a Democrat, a philanthropist, a tree-hugger, a farmer, a Bishop, a Patriarch, a grandfather, great-grandfather, and great-great-grandfather (along with his wife's namesake, Millie):
Here is the tribute Aunt Ellen sent to the Provo Daily Herald:
Happy Birthday to our favorite dad, grandpa, great-grandpa, great-great-grandpa, husband, uncle, Bishop, Patriarch, Doctor, neighbor and friend.
Have a wonderful day and may your next 90 years be as joyful and exciting as the last.
We love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment