Hi all you Stutz-folk out there
This is David Landeen (son of Ellen) and I thought that I should enter the barn and see how things are holding up. For some background on my recent history, I arrived home from my 2 year LDS mission in Puerto Rico in January. From January until August I worked at a local grocery store, hung out with friends, dated a lot, and got ready to go to college at BYU-Idaho. This is where I am now.
For those of you who have yet to experience the college life or forgot what it was like i am here to help rekindle those feelings that you once had or get you excited for what you will experience in the future. For those of you at college, you already know what i am talking about.
This is my first semester here and I am having a blast. Everyday is different, i am always meeting new people, i have tons of new friends, and am doing pretty good in...i think they are called classes. Anyway i would have never imagined what this would be like.

As far as the social life goes i am going on lots of dates. They are always creative, they have to be i am too poor for dinner and a movie. They are things like skittles bowling, where you have a bag of skittles and you pull one out of the bag. The color of the skittle determines how you bowl. Examples are: Left handed, eyes closed, both the guy and the girl in the date have to be touching the ball, bowl through the legs of your date, you get the idea. We also have done swing dancing, a game that we played a game at wall-mart, we carved pumpkins, we had an authentic Japanese dinner dressed in authentic Japanese clothing. Who says dating needs to be expensive.
My parents and siblings are doing well. Of the 5 kids, 3 are in college, 1 in high-school getting ready to graduate, and 1 in middle school. Melissa is at BYU-Prove, I am at BYU-Idaho, and Sarah is at Southern Utah University. We never did like to share things so why share a college. We are still close and call each other a lot.
If I would have known how great college life would be i would have done it a lot sooner.
I hope to see you all at a family reunion someday
David Landeen
1 comment:
David!
go to class!
aunt susan
Post a Comment